Cork Music Scene Documentary

about egomotion Forums Announcements My Project Cork Music Scene Documentary

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    inky

cool. couldnt really hear ya too well in the pub last night, wasn’t sure if you had the tapes on ya in the car. ill call up about 7 tonight for them if thats ok. the 5 minute cut depends on mark and iain really and what they want to say, we might tape it on mini-disc. workin on titles today, when the name of the band member comes on-screen, a little man appears next to their name and does a ‘pete townsend’ guitar strum

iain

sorry lads forgot it was easter sunday were talking to jezery and ten past seven on sat night so were gonna have to get there permission theyll be cool as will carbon copy but i know we have to get it in writing alright the current tv short sounds great do you think we should have it as an abstract of the full version or as a more linear watered down version also is there anybody available some night next week to do the opening shot of mark walking into cyp ave at night

inky

hey iain, i left my phone in a mates gaf, missed all the calls yesterday, sorry bout that – i should be around some night next week alright, is there any way to contact you apart from your phone (mark’s number even) – ill drop up the DVDs to ya today anyway

ill pick up the tapes from dan today hopefully and it might give me an idea of how the 5 minute cut should go – maybe it should focus on the fact that most of the bands are unsigned

Sean

I reckon the 5 mins spot for Current should take a slightly different angle , as in centre it on the Drop-d showcase " one night in Cypress ave – Cork alternative music " highlighting the bands .

I’m Gonna have to get some clearance from the Fight like apes crew though.

Dan

This project needs a project manager. We should meet up, the whole lot of us to discuss and plan what we are going to shoot when instead of waiting on calls, I’m afraid most of us, I think we are all guillty of this one, are missing each others calls, and its kinda on the fly we need a camera today its an emergency, which is NO-ONES fault. but if we art gonna get this in the can so we can start putting it together we need to treat it properly with a schedule and a plan.

whos with me?!

FREEDOM! :fartbig:

inky

agreed. I think at this stage the project needs a script or at least bullet points of the points drop d want to get across.
    the stuff in the can is pretty good so itd be a shame to see it drift away.

Sean

Yep

Agreed

iain

fuck me i know im in trouble lads just finished writing script/mark’s v/o for scene 2 please get in touch if ya dont want to kill me

inky

na boy, peace and love and all that!
    im working all next week and weekend so in the meantime try and organise a band or two, maybe the crowd in the container and we’ll shoot week after next. i think the lads camera is out of action for a while?
    i have a part for you in a film too iain

Sean

We also received a signed release form From Dave Curran, So that’s a go

Dan

yea we should focus on getting those container shots next week, we only got p’s camera though until some tme in june, and i am hoping shoot pork pies that month, Paraic, wehn do want to start shooting your transition year?

Dan

just heard them on the radio "fight like apes"

the only way is up for them! they are gonna be big.

iain

diggin the pma lads inky, ill take it ! lets talk soon

inky

im thinking June for transition year, photographing the scenes with the leads and then shooting inserts/cutaways after that (july) met a guy last night with a JVC 100 HD and hard drive, tryin to get him to join up. ill be shooting on one tomorrow on a lane off oliver plunkett street, should be cool.

Dan

you fecker i was hoping to do Pork pies that month!
    Oh well we’ll have to work around on another?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.