The 10 worst movies of the last 10 years

about egomotion Forums Discussions Links The 10 worst movies of the last 10 years

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/rt_10th_ … t_10_years

Anyone got any more to add to the list?

www.seanbreathnach.com

Gemma

I remember going to see Tomb Raider (don’t ask me why) and wanting to walk out..it was so bad. I didn’t walk out though seeing as my friends were firmly seated..but I wanted to!!

Keymaster

Yeah – it’s pretty rubbish alright.

Another two for me would be ‘Batman and Robin’ and ‘Shoot em up’

Both are shocking.

www.seanbreathnach.com

Gemma

I’ve managed to avoid seeing Batman and Robin…As for Shoot Em Up, I didn’t see that but I can’t remember when I last saw Clive Own in something good. He’s in that right?!
    Pearl Harbour and Lost in Space were pretty awful too.

Dan

epic movie has to be the worst for me?

Keymaster

I hear you, Gemma. Though he is good in Sin City. He needs a better agent!

As for Epic movie – I managed to avoid that myself. And I’m not in any rush to see it either! How do these films manage to get millions in funding? They say only a tiny percentage of scripts get funding, and still these films manage to get made! Crazy.

www.seanbreathnach.com

Dan
    "Gemma":2dcz5sbu wrote:
    Lost in Space were pretty awful too.[/quote:2dcz5sbu]
    I know lost in space has everything in it that would make someone hate it, but somehow its one of those films that i just like, can’t understand why i don’t hate it but i don’t,

but i think everyone has embarrising films they like, "i know i shouldn’t but i do anyway" type films.
    Another embarrising film i like is "troll", (god what am i thinking) see trailer below

[utube:2dcz5sbu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEW8gp9TH5M[/utube:2dcz5sbu]

Gemma
    "SeanBreathnach":12mjvijx wrote:
    They say only a tiny percentage of scripts get funding, and still these films manage to get made! Crazy.[/quote:12mjvijx]

Yeah it’s ridiculous, there has to be better scripts out there. Although when it comes to comedy, I’m not sure that much good stuff is being produced anymore. I read this book recently by this guy called Syd Field..maybe ye’veheard of him?…nway he’s a writer but he also worked in Hollywood, sifting through scripts and choosing the best of the bunch. Lots of scripts are just left hanging in production or completely forgotton. It seems that selling your idea in the right way is highly important. He used to have just five minutes to inform high strung producers about those scripts that could be worth their time..
    Nway I’m babbling now! As for lost in Space…there’s probably worse alright. I haven’t seen Troll..must check that out!I tried watching some of Gone in 60 Seconds last night..it was painful.

Sean

Ahh noo I like "gone in 60 seconds "

It’s got it’s flaws as a movie but it’s really worthwhile , Vinny Jones is Class , Cage is about as good as he gets, Jolie is fun , the cars are the stars , and there’s even an educational bit near the end ( showing americans what a clutch and Manual gearbox is for ) It’s close to the best the americans could do to emulate a " Caper " movie

( I must qualify this by saying I got halfway through "Oceans 11" DVD was buggered and fate conspired for me to never rent it again so I dunno )

Gemma

I’ve never been much of a fan of Nicholas Cage…although he was very good in Adaptation, and, although completely ott, not bad in Face Off! But it’s just..in a lot of stuff he seems the same to me. I’m coming round now, but before I couldn’t watch him in anything.
    Did you not like Ocean’s Eleven? I thought it was ok..

Sean

Well cage acts like a wooden post for the most part ,
    It works only in certain films , and I think gone in 60 seconds is one of them .

I was enjoying oceans 11 , but the disc was fucked , I brought it down to extravision , there wasn’t a replacement , went bachk the next day think the next one was fucked too , I just couldn’t be bothered in the end renting it again.

I’d just gotten as far as the start of the break in , bloody awful place to stop .

Keymaster

Have you ever seen a movie called Deadfall? Cage is a wizard in it! Class! The film is crap though, but worth a view for Cage’s character ‘Eddie’ alone. Hillarious.

I liked him in ‘Wild at Heart’ too.

www.seanbreathnach.com

Gemma

I’d love to see Wild at Heart actually..that’s a David Lynch film isn’t it? I saw a bit of it once in college..the end of it as it happens :roll: And Raising Arizona is sposed to be good..heh now I’m persuading myself Nicholas Cage is a good actor.
    As for Ocean’s Eleven, that’ll be on TV again soon enough I’d say. And you can garauntee TV3 to screen Ocean’s Twelve every three months!

Keymaster

Wild at heart is great. Well worth seeing. It is a Lynch film alright.

Raising Arizona is great too. But Cage decided to go mainstream, and that’s where he seems to have lost it. Sold his soul for the big pay cheque, eh?!

www.seanbreathnach.com

Dan

I think the jury is still out on cage for me, but i have to admit that in "the Rock" (yes i know it’s a micheal bay, but still) he pretty much had that character down to a tee. But then films like con air, Bringing Out the Dead, 8MM and Snake Eyes completel screw it up. he was very good in Family man though.

as for Oceans 11, excellent flick! pitty about oceans 12 and 13 though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.