Upcoming Feature -Ireland/South Africa

about egomotion Forums Announcements My Project Upcoming Feature -Ireland/South Africa

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Irishfan

Hi all, We are currently attempting to make a film that is going to make history in South Africa by being the biggest (looking) budget film with almost no money. It already has two of the biggest scenes ever that are going to be filmed in South Africa (we have already done a test run)
    The reason I am on this site is that the film has a very important Irish connection. I would like to film the Ireland scenes in Ireland for there is nowhere that can compare to it’s scenery. I would like to get information on locations etc. and local crew, actors and anything else that could help us in this huge undertaking. If everything goes according to plan we should be starting in early 2008.
    I think it could be like a co-production on a small scale. (totaly independent) I would also like to improve on the Ireland scenes in the script as I was writing from images that I have seen in other movies and read about. We will need an old irish village constructed and a cliff plus other stuff.
    The script can be found here [url:c5c69]http://pc.celtx.com/project/z2Y2MwX7B1X7[/url:c5c69]
    The blog for the movie:[url:c5c69]http://independent-movie.blogspot.com/[/url:c5c69]

Regards

Colin

Dan

there is already an old Irish Village constructed, for tourists, it is build using a mixture of real buildings that survived ove the years that were deconstructed from all around the country and then re-assembled in one location or of buildings that were constructed using the same building processes from the olden days. It is in a place called Bunratty and here are some photos that i took when i visited it about a year ago… enjoy[attachment=6:516fe]house-int.jpg[/attachment:516fe]

Irishfan

Hi Dan

Thank you so much, that is so cool. I think this will help me with the script as I wanted to incorporate a time shift from the original village (1600’s) through to the present day at 100 year intervals.

regards

Colin

"Irishfan":53a64 wrote:
    Hi Dan

Thank you so much, that is so cool. I think this will help me with the script as I wanted to incorporate a time shift from the original village (1600’s) through to the present day at 100 year intervals.

regards

Colin[/quote:53a64]

I filmed in Bunratty a couple of years ago and they were looking for approc 1100 euro a day and the minimum amount of interference to the park’s guests possible. I was the poor auld location manager who had to negotiate with them!

Looked great though.

The film was called ‘An Diog is Faide’ or ‘The Longest Ditch’ in english.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.