Screen Acting Workshop Cork Feb 18/19, John Dawson

about egomotion Forums Skills Bank Courses & Tutorials Screen Acting Workshop Cork Feb 18/19, John Dawson

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    clairefrilly

A practical and effective workshop for experienced actors by John Dawson

February 18th,19th 2012 at 10:00 -5.00 (Sat), 11-6 (Sun)
    Camden Palace Hotel Arts Centre

Explore the technical skills required for natural on camera performances

… Develop physical dexterity to modulate the volume of their behaviour for the perimeters of the various frames (ie: master shot, medium shot, close-up)

Explore the cold-read, the prepared audition, commercial auditions, the call-back, and the interview

Participants will receive a dvd of their work to camera

€150 for 2 full days of intensive workshop and a dvd posted to your home of your performance.

I would highly recommend this workshop. I did it in August and the difference it made to me was fantastic. It is practical, effective and you will learn a lot about the techinical side of camera performance. I found the dvd to be a great help. I could see the " before and after" performance of my monologue and the difference was unbelievable.

The workshop is happening in Cork (YAAAY!) in February over two days, they are two very full days. Class size is restricted to an absolute maximum of 12 .

Feel free to contact me Claire at 0860406231,

chaptertheatreproductions@gmail.com or clairefrilly@gmail.com with any questions

BIO: John Dawson has been teaching master-classes and workshops in improvisation, characterization, scene study, on-camera acting and audition technique for over 18 years in three countries. He has taught hundreds of actors and comics in his own Dublin workshop and at Dublin’s Gaiety School of Acting, The Actors Centre in London, The Galway Film Centre and Toronto’s Equity Showcase Theatre. He taught film acting for 6 years at Trinity College’s Samuel Beckett Centre where he trained Irish actors Padraic Delaney and Ruth Negga. Having studied, written and acted with numerous comedy troupes including N. America’s famous Second City (the forerunner and principal casting pool for ‘Saturday Night Live’) John wrote and performed regularly as well as served as art director on films and theatrical works including an Off-Broadway production in New York. He is a produced playwright and screenwriter.

http://www.dawsondramaworks.com/www.daw … /home.html

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.