Lighting

about egomotion Forums Discussions Technique Lighting

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Sean

Lidl are selling 500w lights on stands thoday

It’s 19.99 for 2x 500w lights on a low stand and 24.99 for two mounted on an
    extendible stand that reaches 1.35m ( I know not very high , but you could put it on a chair)

I would buy some , but I’m broke , anyone intersted in becoming our lighting pro ?

Keymaster

Anyone up for hiring the basic cans from the CFC (they cost about €30) for a day and tooling about with lighting just for the sake of seeing what works, what doesn’t work, what looks good, what gels look best etc? Or better still, are there any lighting experts out there who’d like to give a few of us the benefit of their experience?

www.seanbreathnach.com

Sean

yeah I’d be interested

inky

i used some of those film centre lights yesterday…they’re battered but still do the trick – used grease proof paper from tesco to difuse and some ‘borrowed’ blue & orange gels (not included in the kit) and it all looked great … maybe we could rent the kit for shooting ‘Saturday’ for the interior scenes? anyone know anyone in the opera house or everyman who could throw us a sheet of gel?

Dan

yeah i think this might be a wise move, i think it might benefit a lot of people.

maybe we should plan what we intend to shoot. ie wideshot tests, close up, backlighting, objects, people that sort of thing.

nows the time to scower the web for lighting techniques and try them out.

Liam

Did ye do this? how did it go?

Liam

Sean

I’m Trying to organise a workshop with Rupert mac on lighting techniques

Should be good , He’ll bring along his JVC GY HD camera and all.

Definitely want to rent lights for "Saturday" , but I’m skint

Liam

Sean,

Have you asked "trendkill"?
    They have their own lights and sound equipment, among other
    things.

Liam

Sean

He might be coming , and he might not , he’s not sure if he’s around

Rupert ( wildogmedia ) has a very comprehensive set up for this demonstration. He’s a lecturer in Stefan Naofa’s multimedia course and has shot some great stuff ( shown in last years Film Festival " ATA Girl" )
    This really is a great opportunity for practical hands on experience of lighting set ups , we should have some very experienced people there willing to pass on their experience to those of us who know less .

I’m certainly looking forward to it

Regards
    Sean

Liam

I meant trendkill may be able to help you out with lights for "Saturday"
    not with the lighting demo.

Liam

Sean

Yeah
    Sorry.

Eoin O hA

How did this work out for ye?

Looks like a great idea! I’d definitely be up for something like this again. In fact I might have to hire equipment for my short next month so if I do we might be able to arrange something then? Get maximum value for money!

Dan

that was a long time ago now, but it went extremely well, Rupert did a fantastic job of showing us all what was possible to achieve with such a little amount. The last I heard through the grapevine is he was planning on doing another one if we can get the numbers, I’ll have a chat with him about it next Tuesday night to see if he is still willing.

Incidentally if you are hiring lights make sure and send him an email, he has some of the best kit in town at really good rates.

He is contact able though the forum, rupertmacmurph I think is his user name

Or you could visit his website at http://www.stormlightproductions.com i think….

Eoin O hA

Thanks Dan, will do!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.