JESSICA LANGE ACTORS’ MASTERCLASS

about egomotion Forums Skills Bank Courses & Tutorials JESSICA LANGE ACTORS’ MASTERCLASS

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dan

JESSICA LANGE ACTORS’ MASTERCLASS

Date: Saturday 12th July 2008
    Venue: Radisson Hotel, Galway
    Time: 10am (1/2 day)
    Fee: €50

The Galway Film Fleadh/Galway Film Centre in association with FAS Screen Training Ireland are delighted to present the 2008 Actors’ Masterclass with Academy Award winner Jessica Lange.

Acclaimed as one of the greatest actresses of her generation, two-time Academy Award winner Jessica Lange has dazzled the screen with over thirty credits to her name. Jessica made her Hollywood debut in John Guillermin’s King Kong opposite Jeff Bridges and Charles Grodin, winning a Golden Globe for Best Acting Debut in a Motion Picture. She then permanently put her name on the map by receiving dual Academy Award and Golden Globe nominations in the same year for her challenging performances in Frances and in Sydney Pollack’s memorable comedy Tootsie starring opposite Dustin Hoffman, for which she took home the Oscar for Supporting Actress. In 1994, Lange won her first Oscar for Best Actress in Blue Sky, which she starred opposite Tommy Lee Jones.

During this Masterclass, Jessica Lange will explore the practical aspects of establishing and developing an actor’s career in the international film and television industry.

The Masterclass will cover the following:

• Starting out as an actor
    • Dealing with casting directors
    • Securing an agent
    • Preparing for an audition
    • Working on set
    • Relationship with the director
    • Relationship with the crew

Admission to the masterclass is by application only. This masterclass would be suitable for participants who are pursuing a career in acting for film and television. Places are limited and participants will be notified if they have been allocated a place.

Please apply online at http://www.screentrainingireland.ie. For further enquiries contact Paul McKay at Galway Film Centre – Ph: 091 770748. Fax: 091 770746. e-mail: masterclasses@galwayfilmfleadh.com. Or contact Sorcha Loughnane at FÁS Screen Training Ireland – Ph: 01 4830840, email: sorcha.loughnane@fas.ie.
    Deadline for applications: 7th July 2008.

Rabies

I never thought I’d say this but Shit I’ll be in Thailand!

Dan

when you back rabs

Rabies

2 August. I’ll be there for a month doing voluntary work.

Dan

ah jezz, your a saint :angel:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.