Halloween horror festival 2010 – Dublin

about egomotion Forums Announcements Competitions, Festivals, Events Halloween horror festival 2010 – Dublin

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Howard up in Dublin is running a film fest this weekend, all the way up to Wednesday:

”I’m holding a Halloween Festival of Horrors in Dublin at present that incorporates both literary and film events at a number of venues around the city centre and which I hope will be the start of an annual Halloween ‘festival of horrors’ in the city centre area.

As an integral part of it there have already been a number of screenings of short films in the horror/chiller/ghost/thriller genre during the Hallowe’en weekend (starting from last Friday 30th October) and yesterday. I’m also holding some talks and presentations on the literary side of the festival programme eg a talk on the contribution to the Gothic literature genre made by Dublin authors like Sheridan Le Fanu and Bram Stoker, along with readings from their works and a walking tour of related city landmarks eg their birthplaces, family residences. workplaces.

I’ve obtained the use of several venues around Temple Bar for some of the festival events, including the meeting room facilities in a hotel in the area and also a couple of local bars. I’m also using these venues for the screening of suitable short films whenever they have large screens and dvd player capability and I am still seeking shorts that suit the festival’s ‘horror’ theme If you have made – or had a hand in the making of – any shorts involving ghosts, ghouls, vampires, zombies, witches or indeed any type of chiller, then please contact me asap if you are willing to lend your film(s) for screening over the next couple of days or so remaining of this inaugural festival.

I can be contacted at 085 1351822 as well as by e-mail at howardlinnane@yahoo.ie
    Thanks
    Howard

www.seanbreathnach.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.