FILM AND TELEVISION ACTING COURSE RETURNS TO CORK IN 2007.

about egomotion Forums Skills Bank Courses & Tutorials FILM AND TELEVISION ACTING COURSE RETURNS TO CORK IN 2007.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dan

Hi again folks!

Hope you are all keeping well and busy! Just to let you know that I had a
    great time watching you giving it your all on the first course…I’m sure we all
    witnessed some very funny moments indeed!

This is just to keep you updated of developments.

Firstly, if any of you have not already got your headshots and are still considering
    getting some done, there is an opportunity to get them taken by ourselves
    in the Triskel Arts Centre on Mon 11th June.
    We will have our full Bowens 500w Hmi photographic studio kit with umbrellas and white
    colorama background support to give you the best quality shots possible.
    The are only seven spaces available, hourly between 11 – 6pm, so email
    and I’ll see if I can accommodate while I’m down.

Cost is 55euro and reprints are 1.75 eu each for 25 or more. 2ur each otherwise.
    Beat that! We try to keep the costs down for actors…it’s tough enough!
    This service is available yearly from now onwards, only in the months
    of June and October. Don’t forget, you only need to update your headshot
    every two years for marketing purposes!
    If you know of other actors who may wish to avail of this service, please let them know,
    we’ll be more than glad to help. When emailing back please put ‘Headshot’ in the subject heading.

Secondly, due to a combination of pressure and demand, I will be running a fairly intensive (but fun) evening course in the Triskel on Mon 17th Sept for those of you wishing to brush up on your audition skills in-front-of-camera. This audition evening is designed to practice the successful ‘triple whammy’ audition technique.
    You get the opportunity to shoot much more individual cold readings on-camera. You will also be doing lots of new commercial auditions mixed with a combination of hilarious vulnerability and character work, all watched back on the big screen. It’s a perfect chance for those of you who already have photos and CVs to bring them if would like me to give them
    a glance and some input, you can bring your own showreel along to get direct feedback on it as well. Remember, GOOD showreels last no longer than 4mins! I will pass out any changes of address of the casting directors while you’re there. The course will run from 6:45pm – 11:45pm and will cost 60eu. There are 10 places only and demand is high.

When emailing please put ‘Audition Evening – Cork’ in the subject heading.

Lastly, I’m running the first course again in 3wks in the Triskel for newcomers, you may know someone who would enjoy taking part on it? If so, please send on this email to them with the info. below.
    I have five places left. Any recommendations would be greatly ppreciated.
    It would be helpful not to tell anyone what to expect by attending.

Anyway, thanks again for attending course one, please ignore this message if none of this is of interest!
    Do let me know of your future successes or screen credits as and when they come up. Also, let me know.
    broadcast dates/times of anything you’re in. Cheers,

[b:0578c]Shane[/b:0578c]

[b:0578c]Info re: Acting for Camera course 1[/b:0578c]
    FILM AND TELEVISION ACTING COURSE FOR TRISKEL IN APRIL
    If you have a dream or hope to be in a feature film or TV Commercial..not as an extra, but in a speaking role and think that you have the talent and could do it.. ..but you lack the experience and training, or simply don’t know how to get started, how to get an agent, or even get to an audition? Then stop dreaming, and take a step in the right direction and make 2007 the year you do something about it..on your own doorstep..not Hollywood, London or even Dublin ..but Cork..

The Film Actors Workshop will hold an Acting for Camera training course in the Triskel Arts Centre on Tue, Wed & Thurs the 10th, 11th & 12th April 2007 for 10 people only, who must be at least 16 years of age with no upper age limit and over 30’s and 40’s are esp. welcome.

The course will start at 7pm to 11.30pm each evening. You can be a complete beginner, or have years of drama experience, but you must be interested and willing to work on camera.

The course will given by Shane Munro of The Film Actors Workshop, film producer and actors agent who is better known for his roles in many television ads including Yorkie, Peugeot, Braun, Supervalu, Let’s Talk Phone, Ulster Bank, NIE, Bulmers etc. but who was also executive producer on the award winning film To Catch A Crow, Best Film at the BBC International Film Festival in London and also screened at the Cannes Film Festival. Course director Shane says “we exist specifically to help people gain a firm grasp of the skills required to book work from auditions by taking them through the processes in-front-of-the-camera and help them gain the confidence to deliver a unique performance on screen. It is very important nowadays that people have complete autonomy over the direction of their lives and not feel that they are being held under some hierarchical structure. We’re here to show people how easy and fun this all is and to shed some light on the many common myths associated with the industry; “you need an agent”, “you need an equity card”, “you need to train for years” and all sorts of nonsense. In this business, it is not a question of who is the best actor or actress or who has done the most training, it’s about knowing how best to promote your ability and how to access the individuals who can help you launch your screen career.” Up to sixty-percent of course time is spent working on-camera which has made it the most practical and attended screen course in the UK and Ireland as vouched for by over 4,000 actors.

This course comes highly recommended by the industry’s leading Casting Directors and is regarded by all as being the fastest route to getting acting work in film and television without having to spend many months training in drama college. It may be an ideal opening for someone who has never had an opportunity to work on-screen but would love to receive professional guidance on-camera.

The course will give you the confidence and the know how to audition successfully for roles in film and television and give you enough confidence and expertise to just get out there and do it. You will get to see yourself performing on the big screen and learn how to market yourself correctly using headshots and show reels.

Shane will also provide guidance on agents, Casting Directors etc, giving handouts with those all important names and contact numbers of the relevant people in the TV and film industry. The course is quite intensive but aims to develop the skills of the participants in a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere and it is fun.

From previous courses under the direction of Mr Munro people just like you have landed leading roles in many TV series, feature films, award winning short films and commercials such as award winning US drama series- Touched by an Angel (CBS), BAFTA winning Teen Drama series, Custers Last Stand Up, BBC/RTE, Bafta nominated School Ties (Ch4 ) Pure Mule, Showbands, Teenage Cics, Kilnaskully, Fear an Phoist, award winning feature films- Magdalene Sisters, Disney’s “Reign of Fire,”, “Sunday”, Neil Jordan’s Breakfast On Pluto, etc and upcoming films like Garage out in around Easter, 2007. Cork /LA feature film Strength and Honour, Martin Duffy’s Summer of the Flying Saucer, Kings, all due out this year .
    Some of the TV Adverts featuring people from this course include Coca- Cola, Pepsi (USA), Budweiser, Kentucky Derby (USA), PlayStation, National Lottery, Vodafone, Guinness, Spar, Sprite, and 3 of the young actors in the new Mc Donalds ads (Well done Andrea Thornton and Ciara Rush from last years Cork class!!) with Johnny Logan (directed by Declan Lowney -Fr Ted, The Office)

Some of those commercials were filmed in in places like South Africa, Morocco, Brazil, Argentina and Portugal.

Booking is essential as places are limited to 10. Again, no experience necessary.

To book a place on this exciting course or to receive a booklet outlining the course structure, call
    [b:0578c]074 9126994[/size:0578c][/color:0578c] [/b:0578c]
    or e-mail
    filmactorsworkshop@eircom.net[/size:0578c]. [/color:0578c] Cost is €160

admin
    Keymaster

I’d like to major in film studies of some sort, and minor in theatre? Does this sound like a good idea? I think the two of them would go well together. I attend my community college for my basic courses right now for financial reasons. What else should I be doing or looking into to be ready to fulfill my goals? What should I be doing in preparation to apply for film school to be a screenwriter/director?

admin
    Keymaster

this is really cool. . . :grin:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.