August 6, 2009 at 11:47 pm #1674Marcus BaleMember
Explore Creativity through Improvisation
September 13th 2009 – 10am to 5pm – Kinsale Pottery & Arts Centre
Led by: Marcus Bale
This dynamic workshop will focus on the element of Creativity in Improvisation. Through exercises, drama games and improvised situations we will learn how to express our creativity through action.
Drama improvisation uses exercises that deal with the imagination in a conscious and in a subconscious level, and develops the awareness of the here and the now.
This workshop will help its participants to trigger their creative potential, using Verbal & Physical Storytelling, Image Theatre (Theatre of the Oppressed), Viewpoints and other interesting techniques based on Improvisation.
Exercising elements such as intuition, trust, spontaneity and through the use of the body, our voice and our mind we will explore and expand our creativity.
About the facilitator:
Marcus Bale trained in Buenos Aires for seven years in different Actors Studios. He also studied Improvisation, Clown, Circus, Mime, Physical, Mask and Anthropological Theatre. In Ireland he performed and directed a multitude of plays. Since 2002 he has been giving workshops on Improvisation, Clowning, Commedia dell’ Arte, & the Techniques of Jerzi Grotowski, Jacques LeCoq, Eugenio Barba & Augusto Boal’s Theatre of the Oppressed, always emphasising the physical aspect of theatre. He has taught in Ireland, Germany, Italy, Canada & Argentina. In 2001 he co-founded BYOB Productions. The same year he co-founded Cyclone Comedy Improv Troupe. In 2002 he was co-founder of the Snatch Comedy Improv Troupe with whom he performs all over Ireland. In 2003 he became Teacher for the Gaiety School of Acting in Cork teaching adults, children & teenagers. He also teaches “The Spirit of Sign”, Cork Deaf Community Drama group & is also guest teacher at the Theatre Courses in Kinsale College of Further Education & KCAT Drama Course in Callan, Kilkenny among other groups.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
* When is this workshop happening? Sunday 13th of September, 2009
* What time? 10am to 5pm
* Where? Kinsale Pottery and Arts Centre ( http://www.kinsaleceramics.com/)
* How much is it? €80 (it includes lunch)
* How to book a place?:
* By Phone: Ring 021-4777758
* By PayPal: Simply pay a deposit of €50 (or the totality of the fee if you prefer) following the instructions given at this website: http://www.kinsaleceramics.com/Payments.html (Please state the name of the course when you pay using this method).
* By Check: Post a check for €50 (or the totality of the fee if you prefer) payable to Kinsale Pottery. The address is: Kinsale Pottery, Olcote, Ballinacurra, Kinsale, Co Cork. (Please state the name of the course when you pay using this method).
If you know anybody who would be interested in participating in this workshop, please forward this information to them. Thanks!
Hope to see you there!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.