3 by Frank Kelly

about egomotion Forums Video Shares My Film 3 by Frank Kelly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    fwkelly

I thought I’d talk about 3 films I’m working on in one thread here, so as not to be greedy with space!
    The 3 are [i:172nu7fh]Bill, For Short, Slán agus Beannacht [/i:172nu7fh]and [i:172nu7fh]140.[/i:172nu7fh]

[i:172nu7fh][b:172nu7fh]Bill, for Short[/b:172nu7fh][/i:172nu7fh] is a 9 minute docudrama about my Grandfather that I shot last feb for no money in 2 days, which has since gone on to screen at the Heartland Film Festival, will screen this month in the Heart of Gold Film Festival in Australia and soon at the Int’l Short Film Fest of Morocco and Mexico!

[b:172nu7fh][i:172nu7fh]Slán agus Beannacht[/i:172nu7fh][/b:172nu7fh] is a short film I’m currently in pre-production. It is shooting in April and features actors Paschal Scoot (Killinaskully) Gerry Shanahan (Fair City, Colour From the Dark) Noel Kelly (Bill, For Short) Tony Leddy (Henry and Sunny) Shane Murray Corcoran (Angelas Ashes, Emily’s Song) Eric O’Brien (Emily’s Song)

[i:172nu7fh][b:172nu7fh]140[/b:172nu7fh][/i:172nu7fh] is an ambitious project involving 140 filmmakers synchronizing through twitter.com to shoot 140 seconds in 140 location all around the world at the same time. So far I have 42 filmmakers on board.

Updates:
    [i:172nu7fh]Bill, for short[/i:172nu7fh]: Nationwide on RTE are doing a special on the film soon. The crew are coming down next week to interview me and my family. It will also feature the exhibition Bill was a part of Old Shoes and Broken Walls, a series of 20 images of derelict factories I put together earlier this yer.

[i:172nu7fh]Slán agus Beannacht[/i:172nu7fh]: I held a fundraiser last night featuring comedians Jason Byrne and Robbie Bonham, singer Paddy McArdle and DJs External Sounds. It went well. Raised some money to help with the film. I still have work to do, storyboarding and more importantly the casting of 5 characters.

[i:172nu7fh]140[/i:172nu7fh]: 42 filmmakers world wide have join to date, with more coming onboard soon. No date set yet, not until I get 140 filmmakers. But it’s exciting.

More news soon.

fwkelly

Bill, For Short: Nationwide postponned the interview, the presenter was sick. Not sure when that’s happening now. Meantime, screening at the Droichead Arts Centre in Drogheda in front of Casablanca in their Cinema Club on Tuesday 24th.

Slán agus Beannacht: Rory Mullen and Elaine Reddy join the cast.

140: We have 50 filmmakers. 1 new Irish filmmaker, 2 English and 2 America. I alos just did an interview with The Sunday Times about the film. It wont appear in this weeks paper, but hopefully soon, will keep you posted on when.

fwkelly

[b:3s0mxy3h]Bill, For Short[/b:3s0mxy3h]: Nationwide came down and spent the day. They interviewed me, my brother (Who’s in the film) and my mother, who’s father the film is about. We took a tour of the town and the locations of the film. Was a fun day. I think it should cut together to a nice report, I’m looking forward to seeing it. I don’t know a date yet, apparently they have to wait for a themed piece.

[b:3s0mxy3h]Slán agus Beannacht[/b:3s0mxy3h]: I’m 8 days a way from shooting. Most things have fallen into place and I’m happy about those! The few things that haven’t are worrisome. I don’t have enough cash for one! Will have to figure something out there, and quick! I still haven’t cast the old lady, who has three significant scenes, no word back from anyone I’ve emailed, so it’s looking like I may have to do a re-write, I was hoping I would have to, but I think I can make it work. I’m also without a make-up artist at the moment, thought I had one, but alas no, other commitments returned. I think we’ll be OK. Some creative thinking is needed is all – apparently that’s my job!

[b:3s0mxy3h]140[/b:3s0mxy3h]: Is on hold, due to the above project. We’re at 51 filmmakers, which is good. But after the above shoot I will get back on track. Should only be 3 or 4 weeks before we get moving again.

Keymaster

That all sounds great. Cheers for the updates. When will the nationwide be aired? I’d like to catch that.

www.seanbreathnach.com

fwkelly

Thanks Sean, no date yet for the Nationwide thing.

fwkelly

[b:2xorl8pz]Slán agus Beannacht:[/b:2xorl8pz] Is wrapped! We had a great 5 day shoot. Everything moved along fast and I think I got everything I was looking for. I’m looking forward to cutting! You can read all about the shoot on my blog: http://www.frankkelly.blogspot.com

[b:2xorl8pz]Bill, For Short:[/b:2xorl8pz] No news.

[b:2xorl8pz]140:[/b:2xorl8pz] No news.

fwkelly

Bill, For Short: No news

Slán agus Beannacht: Is nearing completion. Cut is locked, sound mix is done. Grade has begun and I’m happy with how it’s looking and Music has yet to be recorded.

140: All 140 filmmakers have been found. Shooting is happening on June 21st at 8pm. I’m excited about it, as, I think, are all 139 other filmmakers taking part. Some interesting and talented filmmakers involved in the project and I can’t wait to see what they all do.

New project in the pipeline Angelina, Night and Adam. News on those three coming soon!

fwkelly

Bill For Short: Finally, a broadcast date for the Nationwide special, RTE 2, Friday 31st July, 7pm. You’ll be able to catch a few glimpses of the film, see some of the exhibition that went along with it and here me waffle on about God know’s what!!!

Also, if anyone’s interested, the film and the exhibition will be available to view in Boyne Books, in Callan Art, on Narrow West St. in Drogheda from August 7 to 14.

Slán agus Beannacht: No News.

140: Clips still coming in, happy with progress, will hopefully be able to begin cut in August.

Keymaster

Good stuff. I’ll be watching.

www.seanbreathnach.com

Dan

sounds great, looking forward to it

Keymaster

I saw that piece on you on Nationwide – it was really good. Very moving. Congrats!

www.seanbreathnach.com

Dan

Really nice piece, Really thrilled for you.

For anyone who missed the live broadcast you can catch it here in the RTE player.

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1052861

fwkelly

[b:2q81wdqg]Slán agus Beannacht:[/b:2q81wdqg] It’s a lock. Finished everything so going to start sending it out into the world. Nationwide have picked this one up too as part of a related story about the real life rent collectors and the man who was the inspiration for the film, my old rent collector Bosco. It will also be screening as part of the Crewger films in the film tent at the electric picnic this week… anyone heading down should pop in.

[b:2q81wdqg]Bill, For Short:[/b:2q81wdqg] No news.

140: All the clips are in and the edit has begun. Aiming for the first screening at Hatch fest in Montana USA in October.

fwkelly

[b:14yxcrx3]Slán agus Beannacht[/b:14yxcrx3]: No news.

[b:14yxcrx3]Bill, For Short[/b:14yxcrx3]: Has landed a distribution deal with Network Ireland Television! Hoping for some sales!

[b:14yxcrx3]140[/b:14yxcrx3]: It’s all kicking off!!! World Premiere at the prestigious Newport Beach Film Festival in California USA at the end of April! Exciting, thrilled and honoured! Press has started again, so doing interviews alot. New fanpage of Facebook if anyone is interested in keeping up to date with progress and events http://www.facebook.com/pages/140/150007641308?ref=sgm Hope to see you there.

Also, [b:14yxcrx3]Emily’s Song[/b:14yxcrx3], my first short, just sold to Channel 4! So I’m really excited about that!

Keymaster

Great news, Frank. Fair play. Nice to hear some good news these days. :grin:

www.seanbreathnach.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.